Please note we are not associated with, nor do we represent New Zealand Van Lines Ltd. Our content is the amalgamation of publicly available information with reviews being aggregated from various online sources.
New Zealand Van Lines Ltd is one of the most established and well-known moving companies in NZ. Below you will find an overview of their moving services and reviews from previous clients.
- 10 branches nationwide
- Head Office in Wellington
- Domestic and international moving services
- Dedicated linehaul fleet
International Moving Services
- Professional packing services
- Door-to-door service
- Air freight
- Full container shipping
- Shared (groupage) container shipping
Domestic Moving Services
- Full door-to-door
- Local removal services
- Domestic removal services
- Single trusted resource
- Professional packing services
- A range of transit options
- International storage
- Comprehensive insurance
- Local branches
- Choice of packing services
- Insurance options
- Safe and secure storage
- Project planning
- Protecting your property
- Labelling strategy
- Resource management
- Porterage and churn Insurance
- Small office move
- Special expertise
- Large or medium sized business
Employee & Corporate Relocation Services
- National and international moving resources
- Customised moving solutions
- Customised relocation solutions
- Pet quote integrated with your quote for household effects
- Co-ordinated by your Move Manager
- Trained pet consultant to arrange the details of your pet’s relocation
- Made to measure Travel Carrier with water bowls and VetBed
- Export Health Certificate arranged
- Collection from home to our kennels or straight to the airport
- Global flight tracking of your pet in transit
- Pet Protection plan built into the price of your pet move
- Quarantine arranged
- Delivery to check-in
- Arrival services including customs clearance and delivery if required
- Professional storage
- Business Storage
- International storage
- Student storage
NZ Van Lines Company Profile
With 10 branches across New Zealand, NZ Van Lines is one of New Zealand’s largest moving companies provide both domestic and international moving services. New Zealand’s first FIDI
Services include: local, national and international moving, business moving, employee moving, storage, small moves and packing materials. Customers are both individuals and corporate in all sectors.
New Zealand Van Lines have the following accreditations and affiliations:
- International Association of Removers (IAM)
- British Association of Removers (BAR)
- South African International Movers Association (SAIMA)
- New Zealand Overseas Moving Association (NZOMA)
- FIDI Global Alliance
They have the following New Zealand branches:
- New Plymouth
- Palmerston North
- Wellington (Head Office)
NZ Van Lines Reviews
Here are both the positive and negative reviews of New Zealand Van Lines Ltd from around the web.
- “The removalist team is awesome and they have done a wonderful job. They are very friendly and helpful. I was not expecting this to be so smooth and hassle free, very impressive” – via Google My Business.
- “Excellent. The whole process from the initial meet, quote; the guys wrapping and packing thru to the truck driver. Arrived at the destination as stated. No complaint and highly recommended.” – via MovingPros.
- “I’ve decided to write a review of NZ Van Lines, since I couldn’t find a lot of other people who had done so. I’ve just helped my parents move their 2-bedroom household from Christchurch to the North Island (after the quake), and I found that NZ Van Lines did a pretty good job. After checking online reviews (there weren’t many), I got the usual 3-4 quotes from different companies. NZ Van lines wasn’t the lowest quote, but they were pretty much inline with 2 of the 3 remaining quotes. I ended up selecting them due to reputation (I’d seen them on the roads since I was a kid), as well as responsiveness of the estimator who came out 2 days after receiving our call (2 of the companies we talked with didn’t have time to come out at all!) The move out process was good. The packing crew (of 2 people) arrived on time, and the packers were friendly and willing to chat about the moving process. By the time the truck came (blocking the street for only a couple of hours), the movers were able to quickly load the boxes onto the truck and get underway. In all, I thought they did a great job. At the other end (3 days later), we weren’t too sure when they were going to show up at our new house, but when we called the local office it seems that there were only an hour a way. We would have appreciated a bit more notice (my parents are old and it takes time for them to get ready). At the destination, a larger number of people (6-7) showed up to unload the boxes and place them into the correct rooms. They were very friendly and easy to communicate with. They also stayed around to construct the furniture and make sure we were happy, even though we hadn’t paid for the “put it all together” option. The only downside is that we seem to have lost two boxes, although can’t figure out what we lost. All boxes and furniture were numbered, although the descriptions they had of the two boxes was too vague for us to know if we really missed them or not. In reality, some of the boxes had no number on them, so perhaps they arrived anyway. In general, we had a good experience with NZ Van Lines. Only one small kitchen appliance was damaged (a dent), and everything else was packed very well.” – via My Tradesman.
- “We were so happy with our experience with Van Lines. We were moving to a new town and they made everything so much easier for us – physically and mentally! The way they packed up our couch and precious large furniture was fantastic and it took so much stress of us to have their help.” – via NoCowboys.
- “The staff who packed and moved our goods to storage and later to our new location were helpful, courteous and efficient. However, the introductory sales administrator gave us misleading information and a flawed quote that caused considerable difficulties and stress on the pack out day. The initial quote and work details were seriously flawed e.g. no provision was made to deliver goods to our new location and no provision was made to actually pack all goods on departure – staff admitted no instructions had been given to them regarding packing etc. Extra payments were then demanded by management for packing and final delivery. We have shifted household 15 times prior and this experience was the worst for administrative preparation and clarity of communication. We would not use this company again nor recommend it to others.” – via MovingPros.
- “I moved my household furniture plus garage and fitness equipment. The movers actually unpacked some of the items I had previously packed to see what was inside. Half of my items were stolen and never delivered at the other end. This includes some rather large items as a couch I picked up in Hawaii for 4,200 USD, most of my tools, some fitness equipment and various bits and pieces. NZ Vanlines refunded half my moving cost which is just a fraction of what was stolen by their workers. I wouldNoCowboys. “ – via
- “We moved from Tauranga NZ to Melbourne Australia back in 2011. We were unable to unpack all our belongings as we moved into rental accommodation. NZ van lines had broken our new Maytag washing machine, they had broken a concrete statue. We had clothes and blankets ruined because they had suggested we place items in the washing machine to save room. What little water that was left in the washing machine damaged all of the items in the washing machine. A lot of our stuff was keep in boxes until we purchased our first home here in Australia in 2015. When we did our finial unpack, a couple of key boxes had been opened and some of our valuable ( replaceable items had been removed. A silver ingot was one of our main possessions. I would say that there is an element of dishonest people working for NZ van lines. Plus the damage to our gear was extremely disappointing. I realise that some damage can occur but as for the thieving picks that handled and pinched our personal gear I would not recommend NZ van lines to move your gear. I urge NZ van lines to properly investigate their staff and their history before employing them. Plus have a built in system that continues a close evaluation of their staff during their employment with this company” – via MyMovingReviews.
Moving.co.nz Online Website Review for NZ Van Lines
- Clear contact details on website (including phone number)? Yes
- Easy to get international removals quotes? (Online estimate request form): Yes
- Clear information on website: Yes, the website does has lots of information. Also has a mobile site.
- Membership in international recognized moving organizations: Yes
- List of clients and/or previous customer testimonials: Yes
Overall score: 4.5/5
More about international moving companies and our review process explained.
Official Website: https://nzvanlines.co.nz