Transworld is a privately owned New Zealand household international removals company, operating from four offices, specialising in international removals worldwide. They are members of the FIDI Global Alliance and successfully retain their FAIM (FIDI Accredited International Mover) quality accreditation.
Transworld’s International Moving Services
- Shared container (groupage) shipping service
- Full container shipping service
- Air freight service
- Vehicle shipping service
- Pet transpiration
- Door-to-door removal services
- Secure storage
- Pet relocation services
- Moving Insurance
Transworld Removals Company Profile
Transworld Removals is a privately owned boutique international mover specialising exclusively in international removals from and to New Zealand. They have been providing specialist international removal services since 1995. They focus primarily on the private removals market. They are able to service removals to and from New Zealand through their partner network.
Transworld has the following affiliations and accreditations:
- Federation of International Furniture Removers
- International Association of Movers (IAM)
- New Zealand Overseas Movers Association (NZOMA)
- British Association of Removers (BAR)
- American Moving and Storage Association (AMSA)
- South African International Movers Association
- National Road Carriers (Inc)
Here are a few of the positive and negative reviews we found online…
“Excellent company to deal with – easy, friendly and prompt communication from the start. And the packers took all the stress out of moving – they took pride in their work and were consummate professionals who really seemed to care about what they were doing. I would have no hesitation in recommending them and I am very happy to leave my possessions in their hands.” Samantha Warner via Google My Business
- “This is the fourth time I have used Transworld to ship household items from NZ to UK and Malaysia. I am always impressed by speedy and very helpful emails plus the team who come to the house are efficient and very lovely. Nothing is every too much trouble – even when I need more packaging items to help with the process. I cannot rate this team highly enough. Previously we have used other companies and whole boxes have gone missing: this is not the case if you use Transworld! I highly recommend the whole team.” Jane Perkins-Mackenzie via Google My Business
- “I was very happy with the service I received, particularly with quick and helpful answers to my questions. The email communication was reassuring and my furniture arrived save and sound on time. I would use this company again. My only downpoint was the movers were less experienced when it came to resembling – when resembling my mirror to the dresser I needed to help them, to ensure this was done correctly.” Nicola Helmink via Google My Business
- “Thank you to Vicky Hockey at Transworld for making my move from Sydney to Auckland so easy and stress free. I would like to thank Steve in particular for his honest, hardworking, sense of humour, attention to detail, genuine care and concern for unpacking some of my more fragile items, but most importantly his effort to go the “extra mile” to make sure I was happy with everything. Thank you also to Dave and Harry his helpers who were also hardworking and very respectful with my personal effects and unpacking and placing them where I needed. Thanks also to the other crew who showed up to help unpack my container also. Great team work! cheers Melanie Haru” Melanie Haru via Transworld testimonials page
- “I strongly caution people not to use Transworld so they can avoid the experience I had. My husband was unable to sign off on the packing job because even with repeated requests, the on-site crew did not contact him. The packing was so poor that many items were damaged or broken. When the shipment arrived items were missing. I feared they had been lost/stolen until Transworld advised me they had them in Auckland. There were no systems in place to advise me that this was a possibility or at the time they failed to be placed in the container. These items eventually arrived 6 months after the initial packing. Both sets of delivery men in the USA voiced strong opinions about the poor quality of the packing. One bike had a single piece of corrugated cardboard taped around a small portion of the frame. Items of furniture could not be assembled because parts had not been secured and lost. A key that was taped to a filing cabinet was used to lock the cabinet and then the key was not packed. One of the delivery men said Transworld had a poor reputation internationally.” Hanna B. via Yelp
- “Made the mistake of using Transworld International Removals Ltd of Auckland (and also located in Mount Maunganui and Christchurch) to pack and store my possessions pending relocation to UK. However move fell through and on receiving back my possessions there was SIGNIFICANT damage amounting to about $7000.00. Standard of packing was appalling and very amateurish. Still pursuing insurance claim after almost 6 months and about to resort to legal proceedings to effect recovery. DO NOT USE……you have been warned!.” Taffy via ProductReview.com.au
- “They underquote and once they have your furniture they increase the amount substantially! My advice is to stay away from Transworld International. And after reading the other reviews I am concerned that my furniture will arrive at it’s destination undamaged.” Ria via ProductReview.com.au
- “I got my things eventually, that’s about the only positive thing I can say about transworld international removals.
I paid to have my things moved from New Zealand to Denmark, and paid what I was informed was the total amount before my things were picked up. After about 2 1/2 months I receive an estimated arrival date and a referral to the Dutch company who will be responsible for the final transfer of my stuff within Europe. A few weeks past the estimated arrival date I receive an invoice from the Dutch company with no explanation about the extra cost. After complaining to Transworld that I did not pay to have my things moved, subject to my financial situation at the time of arrival, I hear nothing more from them, basically they do not even dignify my complaint with a response and I have no choice but to pay the invoice of 125 euro. My things finally arrive a month after the ETA. The Dutch company were nice, but they were hopelessly disorganised with several different people contacting me independently of one another and initially delivering my things to the wrong address, despite several confirmations. I recommend anyone to steer clear of Transworld, because they will ignore you if any issues arise and you will likely end up paying more than your quote states.” Kath via MyMovingReviews
Moving.co.nz Review for Transworld
- Clear contact details on website (including phone number): Yes
- Easy to get moving quotes? (Online estimate request form): Yes
- Provide a free no-obligation in-home assessment (pre-move survey): Yes
- Clear information on website: Yes.
- Membership in international recognized moving organizations: Yes
- List of clients and/or previous customer testimonials: Yes.
Overall score: 4.5/5
Review Date: 11/07/2018
Read more about international moving companies, NZ based moving companies and our review process explained.
Get a Free Quote from Transworld Removals
If you’re interested in a quote from Transworld, please enter your details below and they will contact you to help you get started with your international move.